What is ISUD?
ISUD was founded in 2011, under the initiative of Scientists/ Academic Members of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (A.U.Th.), with the significant support of the A.U.Th. Research Committee.
In essence, it is the outcome and natural consequence of the successful course of USUD (Unit for the Study of Urological Studies) since 2006, and of the long substantial work of the first USUD Center, i.e. the Sexual and Reproductive Health Center (SRHC) that was established in 1997.
ISUD was set up with the aim of supplementing and expanding USUD actions through a very close collaboration, while USUD contributing substantially to the whole process for the establishment of the Institute -by providing both financial support and essential know-how. Thus, today USUD focuses on Clinical Research extending also to Basic Research with the development of the new Molecular Biology Lab, while ISUD meets educational objectives that USUD used to serve in the past. At the same time, ISUD has been implementing programs for disseminating information and raising public awareness.
In addition, ISUD expands its actions by conducting check-up programs for citizens, while designing and carrying out epidemiological studies in the Community.
Thanks to its long teaching/ research experience and highly specialized know-how, ISUD provides advisory and organizational services to third parties (public and private bodies, companies, enterprises) within the context of actions related to its field.
- Planning and implementing programs to inform and educate patients and their relatives.
- Planning and implementing programs addressed to the Community to raise public awareness and prevent Urological diseases.
- Planning and implementing epidemiological studies in the Community, as well as in special populations.
- Planning and implementing integrated Continuing Education/ Lifelong Learning Programs for Urologists, Physicians of related specialties, Nurses, Midwives, Physiotherapists and other Health Professionals.
- Participating in Specialized Educational Programs upon fields of interest for Pregraduate and Postgraduate Students of Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy.
- Designing, following and analysing study registries.
- Designing, analysing and controlling quality of cinical study data
- Planning, organizing and implementing actions on behalf of bodies or companies related to urological diseases.
- Consulting services
ISUD is an non-profit civil law organizationη, with the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki as the main shareholder. All decisions upon ISUD actions are taken by the Board of Council.
Board of Council
The ISUD Board of Council is composed of:
ISUD collaborates with specialized scientists who occasionally serve its administrative needs according to the various actions implemented at different time periods.
PARTICIPATE: for Experts
ISUD relies on the support and voluntary contribution of colleagues-Urologists and Physicians of other related specialties, as well as Health Professionals (Biologists, Psychologists, Nurses, Midwives, Physiotherapists).
Also, substantial is the role played by Pregraduate and Postgraduate Student of the respective University Faculties.
Become today a friend of ISUD and you will immediately receive your password to log in the section FOR EXPERTS, where you will find plenty of educational material and get informed about all ISUD actions.
BECOME A FRIEND: for the public
ISUD addresses to the wide public that seek reliable information about Urological conditions/ disorders/ diseases. To meet this need, our website provides specially designed pages, educational films and diagnostic questionnaires. By simply clicking on "Become a friend", anyone interested will be receiving our website news, as well as invitations for ISUD social awareness-raising events.
Become today an ISUD friend, so as to receive valid and updated information about all ISUD actions.