Urinary Incontinence is any involuntary leakage of urine from the urethra. It may range from leakage of a few urine drops to complete inability of retaining urine.
6 ways to avoid Urinary Incontinence
1. Maintain normal body weight. Obesity is closely correlated with urinary incontinence.
2. Physical exercise reduces the risk for urinary incontinence.
3. Give up smoking. The cough usually accompanying smoking -known as 'the Smoker's Cough'- is a risk factor for urinary incontinence.
4. Learn about Pelvic Floor Exercises. Particularly pregnant women should follow a program of special exercises during gestation and later on during the postpartum period.
5. Avoid consuming food or drink that are known as 'bladder iirritants'; for example, coffee is a 'bladder irritant' for it has an intense diuretic action.
6. Consume more vegetable fibers to prevent constipation, which is a risk factor for urinary incontinence.